Pic of the Month Contest
The January Pic of the Month Contest celebrates the winter season! Take your best winter themed photos now through the end of the month and submit them by February 3. We'll announce the winner on February 5!
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo's Pic of the Month contest highlights our animals in all seasons, year-round! We invite the public to submit their photos (one per person per month) to our monthly contest.
- Submit your photos by the 3rd of each month via Google form (link below). Photos must be taken within the previous 30 days. Example: photos taken in October may be submitted by November 3.
- Photos from previous month will be judged and winners announced on the 5th of each month.
- Photos must be no smaller than 1 MB and no larger than 7 MB. Photos may be taken with a smart phone, but must be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi.
- Winning photos must show our zoo animals at their best in a caring, respectful light. Photos must focus on zoo animals, not on mesh, fencing or infrastructure. Please take photos from public pathways only!
- Winners will receive a 12” plush animal and 2 zoo guest passes and have their photos displayed on the zoo’s social media, event website and in MyZoo Magazine.
- Winners may claim their prize at the zoo membership desk within 60 days.
- By submitting your photo, you grant the zoo the right to use it to promote the zoo or zoo events. The zoo will credit the photographer where possible. Please don’t add a watermark.
- During January only, receive free zoo admission by presenting a camera (one per group) at the zoo ticket booth. Cell phones don’t count!
The Winter at the Zoo Photo Contest is now the Onondaga County Parks-wide Winter Photo Contest – held during the month of January, it includes the zoo! For that contest, parks visitors can gain free admission to any county park during January if they bring a camera to take pictures for the contest. See Onondaga County Parks website for details.