Pic of the Month Contest
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo's Pic of the Month contest offers participants a chance to submit a photo taken each month of the year at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo for fun, recognition and prizes. We invite the public to submit their photos (one per person per month) at the link below. The theme for the October Pic of the Month is Zoo Boo.
- Submit your photos by the 3rd of each month via Google form (link below). Photos must be taken within the previous 30 days. Example: photos taken in October may be submitted by November 3.
- Photos from previous month will be judged and winners announced on the 5th of each month.
- Photos must be no smaller than 1 MB and no larger than 7 MB. Photos may be taken with a smart phone, but must be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi.
- Winning photos must show our zoo animals at their best in a caring, respectful light. Photos must focus on zoo animals, not on mesh, fencing or infrastructure. Please take photos from public pathways only!
- Winners will receive a 12” plush animal and 2 zoo guest passes and have their photos displayed on the zoo’s social media, event website and in MyZoo Magazine.
- Winners may claim their prize at the zoo membership desk within 60 days.
- By submitting your photo, you grant the zoo the right to use it to promote the zoo or zoo events. The zoo will credit the photographer where possible. Please don’t add a watermark.
- During January only, receive free zoo admission by presenting a camera (one per group) at the zoo ticket booth. Cell phones don’t count!