Pic of the Month Contest
The April Pic of the Month Contest runs through April 30. Please submit your photos by May 3. Winner/s will be announced on May 5.
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo's Pic of the Month contest highlights our animals in all seasons, year-round. We invite the public to submit their photos (one per person per month) to our monthly contest.
- Submit your photos by the 3rd of each month via Google form (link below). Photos must be taken within the previous 30 days. Example: photos taken in October may be submitted by November 3.
- Photos from previous month will be judged and winners announced on the 5th of each month.
- Photos must be no smaller than 1 MB and no larger than 7 MB. Photos may be taken with a smart phone, but must be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi.
- Winning photos must show our zoo animals at their best in a caring, respectful light. Photos must focus on zoo animals, not on mesh, fencing or infrastructure. Please take photos from public pathways only!
- Winners will receive a 12” plush animal and 2 zoo guest passes and have their photos displayed on the zoo’s social media, event website and in MyZoo Magazine.
- Winners may claim their prize at the zoo membership desk within 60 days.
- By submitting your photo, you grant the zoo the right to use it to promote the zoo or zoo events. The zoo will credit the photographer where possible. Please don’t add a watermark.
- During January only, receive free zoo admission by presenting a camera (one per group) at the zoo ticket booth. Cell phones don’t count!